If you still have questions please contact us.
1. Why should I convert my bicycle?
2. What kind of bicycle can be used with our engine kits?
3. Is it legal to operate a motorized bicycle in my state?
4. How do I know if this is a good deal?
5. What's included with the purchase of this engine kit?
6. Do I get any warranty with this engine kit?
7. How is this engine kit shipped?
8. How long do I have to wait before the engine kit ships?
9. Do I need a driver's license to ride a bike with an engine kit installed?
10. Is this bike engine good for hills?
11. How far can I ride a bike with engine installed?
12. How fast is this engine kit?
13. Can this bike engine carry my weight?
14. Should my children ride this bike?
15. Is this bike engine difficult to maintain?
16. Can I get technical support for this engine kit?
17. Is the engine stamped or marked with the engine size?
18. How long does it take to install the kit?
19. Are parts available for this engine kit?
20. What do I need to know about my Centrifugal Clutch?
21. What size belt do I need for my transmission?
22. What do I do if I live in an area with large hills?
Q- Why should I convert my bicycle?
A- There are many good reasons, but only enough space for a few. You get tremendous savings on your gasoline bill, plus this ride is an exhilarative experience you can't get enough of and it makes a great backup transport.
Q- What kind of bicycle can be used with our engine kits?
A- Most any 26" V-frame bicycle will work with no modifications. You want to make sure there's enough clearance for the motor to fit inside the frame (Bikes with rear suspension in the v-frame will not work).
Q- Is it legal to operate a motorized bicycle in my state?
A- Motorized bicycles are considered pedal assist bicycles and are legal to operate in most states without a driver's license, registration, or insurance. For more information contact your local authorities.
Q- How do I know if this is a good deal?
A- Because you know the cost and disadvantages of other vehicles; example-A motorcycle can go faster, but you can't peddle and you need license and registration. A car can go faster and take passengers, but it cost much more in fuel cost, licensing, insurance and maintenance; you also can't take it inside your home. These are just some of the advantages of owning a sleek, dependable, clean, lean and mean machine!
Q- What's included with the purchase of this engine kit?
A- Everything you need to convert your bike into a gas powered scooter along with complete detailed installation instructions and owner's manual.
Q- Do I need a driver's license to ride a bike with an engine kit installed?
A- A motorized bicycle under 50cc's is considered a pedal assisted bicycle in most states and therefore requires no driver's license.
Q- How far can I ride a bike with engine installed?
A- You can ride until you run out of gas if you wish. The included 1/2 gallon tank can easily take you about 60-70+ miles nonstop. A larger 1 gallon tank is available as an optional upgrade which can get you about 140-150+ miles nonstop.
Q- How fast is this engine kit?
A- This bike engine kit easily reaches speeds of 35+mph with the standard 56 tooth sprocket and can reach upwards of 40-45mph with the optional 48 or 44 tooth sprocket.
Q- Is this bike engine difficult to maintain?
A- This motorized bike engine requires very little maintenance, depending on your usage. Please refer to the maintenance guide to learn how to keep your bike operating smoothly.
Q- Is the engine stamped or marked with the engine size?
A- Our 2 stroke StarFire Engines come with a placard fastened to the side as specified for EPA compliance. The placard lists technical information. The Phantom Edition currently includes the engine displacement “50 CC” and the horse power. This is not an exact representation of the actual displacement, rather it is a rounded estimation. The actual displacement is slightly less that 50CC’s. The standard kit placard does not include displacement or horsepower.
Q- What do I need to know about my Centrifugal Clutch?
A- View this PDF for details.